- 8 mp ccd detailed enough to shoot ophoto quality 16 by 22 inch prints/shots
- 4 times optical image stabilier zoom
- High res 2.5 inch pure color lcd that is anti-glare and scratch resist
- ISO up to 1600
- Print and share button
- Color silver
- Total pixels 8.3 mp about
- Effective pixel 8.0 mp
- Focal length 5.8 to 23.2mm's
- Aperture f/2.8 to f/5.5
- Optical zoom 4x
- Digital zoom 4x for a combined 16x zoom
- Focus range 1.6 to infininity normal, macro 0.79 inches to 1.6 wide feet, 1.3 ft to 1.6 ft for tele, digital macro 0.79 to 1.6 feet wide
- Real image opitical zoom viewfinder
- LCD pixels 230k
- Coverage lcd 100%
- Shutter speed 15 to 1/1600 / second
- ISO settings auto, high iso auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600
- Evaluating, center weight average, spot, program AE light metering method
- Jpeg image system exift 2.2
- AVI movie shooting mode AVI
- Audio .wav
People have said the following bad things from various internet websites and vendors about this particular Canon Camera Digital Powershot: "Moderate noise on iso 200 or higher (cmmon amongst most cameras). Lens is wide angle enough but may cause a little distortion on short end of pictures/tube where straight lines, buildings, and walls are a bit curved. Battery and sd card door a little slide loose. Shutter speed and aperature not customizeable. Low battery indicator instead of a bar."
Overall rating: 9 out of 10 excellent
Personal opinion: For the most part, very few sd850 complaints. On top of that, most complaints were about minor issues, such as noted above. The price is decent for a camera of this kind and definately delivers what you need out of a camera. Most users rating this seemed to be casual folks. If you're planning to take a vacation or trip somewhere and want to take pictures, most tourists who rated this said this is one of the best cameras they've used, especially when shooting through different weathers or environments (the camera can auto adjust settings whether you are taking pictures in Alaska or hawaii; different environments, even more different picture settings...).
Know something or have had experience? Please leave your comments about the Canon Powershot Digital Camera SD850 IS 8.0 MP DIGITAL ELPH CAMERA WITH 4X OPTICAL IMAGE STABILIZED ZOOM!
Update 1: So far still not too many sd850 complaints. I did find one from amazon that complained about shoddy customer care from Canon who actually "refused?" to honor the warranty on the SD850 (which is what the complaint was about). Warranties don't seem to cover damage due to water inside the camera (Canon basically said there was condensation inside the camera and wouldn't repair it because of it). I hope this is an isolated case but if not, know that there isn't a recourse for anyone who buys the SD850 and lodges a complaint or files for warranty repairs (not good at all).
Let's hope Canon has a response to this as people pay really good money for these cameras. (In fact, the sd850 complaint that condensation damaged the camera and therefore voids the warranty sounds ridiculous - canon should FIX it!!!).